2014 has been a huge year of transformation for me. At the end of 2013 I ended a long, 7-year relationship with the realization that I wasn't who I wanted to be. And even so, at the start of 2014, I struggled some more with a writing career and finally, after some further realization, I came to understand that what I am meant to do in this life involves music above all else.
Quickly, easily, things for my guitar career have been falling into place. I've met an incredible community of people I didn't know existed. So far, the people I've come in contact with who is involved with the world's guitar-playing community have been the most supportive and welcoming group of individuals I've met.
Just to recap some of my musical achievements this year:
- I began demoing guitars at Acoustic Music Works
- I found the opportunity to purchase a guitar that felt as though it'd been built solely for me.
- I stopped being afraid of playing guitar for people, in fact, I love it.
- I was given the opportunity to record my first album (on the way!)
- I played a few shows and open mics and made some incredible new friends
- the company who built my guitar noticed me, and has asked me to come to the NAMM shows to demo their guitars!
It has been a long road to realizing that what I'm meant to pursue is music. I've been learning instruments and playing music since I was ten, and I even tried to go to college for it. That didn't work out, but somehow I've been brought back around to it and truly, there's no escaping it's pull on my life. I'm looking forward to making 2015 a big year. I don't know what's in store for me yet, but should things keep up the way they have, it'll be a great one. I look forward to meeting new people and making some great new friends. I'm so thankful for everything I have and I'm grateful to all those who have helped make a difference in my life this past year and who have pushed me to do things I'd only daydreamed about. Thank you, and Happy New Year!